Hydro pumps was involved with the reconstruction of a jetty in Plymouth. There was a requirement for fast effective collection of the debris from the under deck scaffold prior to the incoming tide.
To this end hydro pumps have come up with the concept of a vacuum unit utilizing collection bins enabling a large area to be coved without the moving of equipment. The elements of the system are kept as single items to keep down there weight decreasing the point load on the jetty and increase the flexibility of the system.
- The collection bins are positioned along the length of the site.
- The vacuum power pack is positioned at a suitable location.
- 50 m of 8” vacuum pipes connect the power pack to the collection bins.
- 60 m of 6” flexible debris collection hoses transport the debris to the collection bins.
- The collection bins hold 1.5m³ each and once filled are emptied via a hydraulic operated flap on the bottom.
- The bins can be discharged into either big bag or can have there legs widened to straddle a skip.
Once we had come up with the design concept we went out into the market to do market research as to the capability of available equipment.
Not being able to find any suitable equipment we employed the services of a specialist manufacturer to develop the idea and build us the equipment.