IIntroduction to the use of water as cutting and surface preparation tool
Used for water at a pressure of up to 23000 psi / 1700 bar.
“Ultra High Pressure”
Used for water at pressure grater than 23000 psi / 1700 bar, will usually have a lower flow rate than a high pressure unit.
The amount of water passing through attached tool or lance.
The backward force generated by the water leaving the tool or lance, being influenced by both “water pressure” and “flow rate”. The biggest influence being flow rate, the higher the flow rates the grater the reaction force.
A good example would be a fire hose, although only having a pressure of 6 – 7 bar the flow rate of 272 ltr per min leads to a very high reaction force requiring the use of at least two fire men or ridged fixing of the nozzle to counteract the reaction force,
Hydro pumps run a fleet of “current up to date” units running at 1400 bar and 30000 bar. They are primarily used for:
“High pressure” 1400 bar
- Hydro demolition. (bulk)
- Surface preparation.
- Cleaning when higher volumes of water are required.
“Ultra High Pressure” 3000bar
- Hydro demolition. (precision works i.e. bearing removal or inspection)
- Surface preparation and paint coating removal.
- Cleaning when low volumes of water are required.
- Cold cutting with the use of abrasives.
- Tube and bundle cleaning.
Hydro Demolition offers fast and safe removal of concrete, when the retention of reinforcement or non-vibration removal is required. Advantages include:
- Eliminates the exposure to hand arm vibration, effecting operatives using conventional percussive equipment
- There is no damage caused to the reinforcement steel
- Cleans corrosion and any chloride salts from the steel during the demolition process
- The elimination of micro cracking within the structure coursed by percussive methods
- Non production of a friable layer to the rear of any removed area, eliminating the risk of interface failure
- No vibration or resonance set up along the structure as with percussive method, so although there are high noise levels at the point of works they are not carried along the structure or building causing nuisance to other occupants
- Provides a good key for subsequent reconstruction
- Far greater outputs than percussion tools with hand lance crews cutting between 1- 2m³ per shift with an average output of 1.5m³ and robotic units cutting 3 - 8m³ per shift
Our fleet of pumps enabling us to choose the right plant for the specific operation. We have the ability to take on small or large contracts, utilising hand lance and or robotic equipment.
With our in house plant department and operative base, we will tailor our equipment and operations to meet your contract and programming needs.